Monday, July 13, 2009

Mr. Poodlebop

We have a rat! It's Terry's, but I, surprisingly, am quite taken with it. His name is Mr. Poodlebop, but I insist on calling him Mr. Poodlebop Pottypants whenever he pees on me. Terry's trying to train him to do that. He has an upside down T on his back, which makes him even cooler. I named him Splinter before we even bought him, I was so caught up in the moment. Then like an hour later I realized.... this is not my rat. Do not steal the pet-naming experience from a 5 year old you dink. ><>trust me, Mom!". I'm having a hard time convincing him that his rat is afraid of the bath. I tried setting him in there with Terry when there was only a smidgen of water, just partway up his legs, and he was not havin' it. In fact he pooped. Which seems to be just the sort of thing to do these days since Terry has discovered the joy of peeing in the bathtub and remaining in it 'til he sees the horrified look on my face, at which point he laughs...and I drain the tub and try again. That's all from me for now. I'm off to check out craigslist so I can see that there is diddlysquat out there for me.
Hope you guys are doing alright. *hugs* <3