Friday, November 6, 2009

Fun weekend

Gavin's Aunt Alene is getting married this Saturday in Boonville, and she very nicely invited me. Boonville is around 30 or 40 minutes from Ukiah... so here I am at Aunt Shellie's!
Got here last night. We went to Ross, then to her house and ate bagels with cream cheese at midnight. We watched Survivor after that (by zee way, did you notice that the lady ahead of us in line at Ross looked like Shambo? Well she did.) while I sat in her crazy awesome yet slightly unsettling massage chair. The highlight of Survivor (I don't usually watch it) for me was that they were showing people's names and job titles.. and it was like.. Laura- office manager and so-and-so doctor, then John rocket scientist. That's an actual job title? Seriously?

Okay well moving on. It's beautiful outside here, it rained overnight which makes everything pretty, and it's slightly foggy. And more than slightly peaceful. And I haven't showered because I said NO! I must not disappoint my family! I must uphold the blogging tradition before all else! So here I am.
Aunt Shellie got Terry and Gavin one of those little Flinstone style cars, and I can't fit it in my car- ><. I can almost fit it in my car, which makes it even worse.
I tried to play a Needtobreathe cd but no such luck. Turned the tv on long enough to see that the Yankees were getting the keys to the city and turned it off, not impressed.

I'll be going to Boonville today. Alene and Will were nice enough to pay for me to stay at the Boonville Hotel with everyone for the weekend. Check in is at 3. I'm really looking forward to it. I've never been to Boonville, but Alene and Will apparently think it's beautiful so I'm sure it is, and I'm so looking forward to just having a good time and seeing them get MARRIED! Woohoo!
Matt's mom, two sisters, and niece are awesome and amazing, and nothing like him at all. And they've been really kind and supportive of me and the boys, beyond what they would have to do if they were just trying to stay in contact with Gav. I'm very grateful for them. Other than them, the only family I've met is one of Gavin's great-grandma's. She lives in Clovis. So I'm also looking forward (maybe just a wee bit nervously, maybe) to meeting more family and friends. Not nervous about meeting their friends really, 'cause anyone who's their friend is going to be wonderful, but family.. well, wish me luck. I want them to like me!
The urge to go jump on a Boonville Hotel bed has struck me. Just because I can. Something to add to my memoirs someday if I find I don't have enough material.

I would love love love (yes, love) to go see the ocean at Fort Bragg. There's this song I want to listen to while standing in the ocean. But. I didn't bring my cd player, and I don't see how I'll feasibly have enough time to do the 3 hour round trip plus time to just be there, and I don't want to run out of gas, and I don't want to rush up there and rush back. Next time. :>

The pizza bagels.. they are calling my name. Softly, sweetly, through the air.

2 comments:

Richard said...

That thar is sum really nice writin'. Really.

Make sure to start practicing up on yar Boontling before you head over the hill to Boonville.

Jen said...

I looked up Boontling.. and din't use one word of it! Next time.