Monday, May 3, 2010

Yay for being employed

Hello again :) just got rehired at TJMaxx (worked there briefly in 2008), hooray! Can only expect to get between 10-20 hours a week, but that's 10-20 more hours than 0 so... hooray again! Nice to be working somehwere I've been before.. already familiar with the way things are done there and I have the same manager who is awesome. I should be able to continue going to school, too so that's really fantastic. Now that I know I'm not utterly failing ASL I want to continue with the Deaf Studies program and at least get a certificate. Hopefully in Deaf Studies and in early childhood education. We shall see. Should probably go talk to my counselor, but that might be sensibility overload. I'm doing alright in accounting also, and I like learning it, but I realized I have absolutely no desire to be an accountant. I don't want to be reponsible for oodles of someone else's money I guess. Or sit at a desk everyday doing that. But maybe it wouldn't be so bad. For the first 3 months. Just kidding. Maybe. I don't really know. Moving on. I finally put the flannel sheets back on my bed, Took them off at the first sign of spring (in like.. February. Dork) but decided that they are just so much cozier. Mistake. Ohhh such a mistake. They are cozier, too cozy. And warmer of course. It's like I'm sedated in the mornings. Bleh.

2 comments:

Janet said...

My roommate loves flannel sheets, but they only sell them in like, snowflake or lumberjack plaid. She's trying to find reasonably-colored ones.

Shellie said...

I too love flannel...year round in fact! Online for "normal" flannel... Land's End for one.

Jen--- so happy for you and your job! School... good for you to know you don't want to sit at a desk all day... I do NOT like it at all. Is Eileen Dickson your counselor? Go see her and tell her hi. If she's not, then SWITCH to her... she is the BEST and one of my very best friends on the entire planet. (Yes... the planet).

Happy to see a new blog post...