Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm not socially defective..well , okay, a little.

I played volleyball for 3 hours last night. I love volleyball, except that you have to find other people who want to play too. Lame. Anyhoo. I was going to go to a bible study last night, but really couldn't find one to go to except for one I'd gone to before and didn't like (I had a strong urge to yell at one of the leaders, probably not a good tactic). So they also have little sports get-togethers with youth group people, and I was like... yeah, that's perfect.. 'cause really the only time I'm good at social chit chat nonsense is when we're doing something else too. I got there just after 7 and they already had a full game going, but there were some people who seemed to be waiting on the side. I was walking in their general direction, thinking to myself "lovely, now I get to decide between standing around awkwardly or attempting awkward conversation. Excellent!", when one of them asked if I was going to join their game. I did. It was awesome. All cool people and friendly. Felt totally comfortable quickly. But yeah, um I hadn't played for like 8 years.. and I'm actually decent at volleyball-for the average person-but I'd forgotten the slaughtering of the arms. I did ponder whether something seriously bad could happen as a result, because my veins were looking funky. By the end of the night they were evenly swollen and in pain, but at first I had like a 2 inch lump of a vein that was kinda disturbing me. But I survived, and ate only a minimal amount of sand. The funny thing for me about the night was when they were taking off I learned that they weren't part of the youth group at all, they were just a group of friends out to play volleyball. So I played with the wrong group on accident for 3 hours without realizing it. But I had a blast, so I guess I'm glad it worked out that way, and I'd definitely like to go play again.

No comments: