Or is it good? I need to go back to school. Anyhoo, I had an amazing time. It was peaceful and rejuvenating. The Boonville Hotel is beautiful and kinda fancy yet down to earth. The ceremony was great. Alene was laughing as she walked down the "aisle" and Will looked into her eyes through the whole thing quite seriously. It was very sweet. I couldn't see Alene's face unfortunately, but I'm guessing if they were having a staring contest, he won. It was great to be at a wedding that only the nearest and dearest had come to, not like 50 obligational invites. Awesome people. All very pleasant to be around. And lots of English accents.. which is why I'm saying things like "quite" and "lovely". Oh well. I had champagne for the first time, and I was rather disappointed in myself to realize that I like things like champagne and fancy food. And dancing. By dancing, of course, what I really mean is moving awkwardly in the midst of other people who are dancing. Didn't get plastered because I had eaten.. and drank oh-so slowly, and at one point had wine in one hand and water in the other. But did get alot of things checked off the list I never made of things to do while in Boonville...
champagne-check.
expensive local wine-check.
local beer at a local bar-check.
discover that I can't dance but do it anyway-check.
meet new people and not be horribly shy-check/ish.
be inspired-check.
However, I failed to..
jump on the bed
speak Boontling (the local lingo)
I took some pictures in the morning while it was still foggy, they aren't developed yet but should be *fingers crossed* beautiful. I will definitely go back to Boonville sometime, minus the staying at the hotel because I can't afford it. It's really not a very far drive though, Boonville or Ukiah. And after that weekend I feel very much inspired to visit family more (this is your warning) and be open to new experiences, places, and people.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are SO funny... and it sounds like you had so MUCH FUN! YAY for YOU! Good job, and you are welcome any time... it was such good timing... love you!
Oh, and, um... by the way... it's WELL. Not good. So, you did well. (Thank you Mrs. Cardin at Nevada Union).
Post a Comment