Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bulldozer with a tail

Ah yes... that's right..we got a puppy last night. His name is Thor.. he is 10 weeks old and oh-so small and cute right now... but he has paws the size of Rhode Island, and his dad is huge...so I'm sure he will be, too. He is a blue-nose pitbull (I can hear the oh -noooooo's already!), and yes.. we are training him to fight illegally and eat small children. ><.

No but really.. he is a sweetheart and I am so happy.. I really wanted the boys to grow up with a family dog (I may have had some selfish intentions, too), and I didn't want to get any dog that we weren't able to raise from the get-go.

One problem, and the problem lies with me- not the dog : I have taken baby-talking to animals to a whole new level. It is so bad. It's not the standard "Look at the cutesy-wutesy puppy wuppy". No no. It is literally the same as what I say to Tommy. My excuse for this is that since I do conversate with a baby on a daily basis, it is only natural for my maternal instincts to be directed at this puppy. Okay okay there's really no excuse, but it caught me by surprise and that's the best I've got. What can you do when you're annoying yourself? Just give up and give in to the ridiculousness that is you, and know that everyone else may be glaring at you.. but the puppy and the kids sure seem to get a kick out of it.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh-no-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o! Well, I knew it was coming but remain baffled that you continue to ignore my wisdom. Of course, that poor dog will be the object of subversive glances as his not so thrilled older family members attempt to determine if he really is living up to the reputation that his breed seems to have earned. By the way, I have forgoten - is Thor the God of Thunder or what? G

Richard said...

Obligatory linkies: Thor
Pit Bull