Sunday, March 29, 2009

Have You Ever

Well it's a song by Brandi Carlile... and it's ridiculously simple.. and I'm diggin' it.. and these are the lyrics..

Have you ever wandered lonely through the woods?
And everything there feels just as it should
You're part of the life there
You're part of something good
If you've ever wandered lonely through the woods
if you've ever wandered lonely through the woods
Have you ever stared into a starry sky?
Lying on your back you're asking why
What's the purpose I wonder who am I
If you've ever stared into a starry sky
Have you ever stared into a starry sky
Have you ever been out walking in the snow?
Tried to get back to where you were before
You always end up not knowing where to go
If you've ever been out walking in the snow
If you'd ever been out walking you would know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf5xarW-n08

in case you get the urge to watch her sing it live on youtube.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Those lyrics probably ring a bell with 99 and 44/100% of the population, including me!

Karen said...

Hiking at Lake Alpine - I would go down below the dam and along the creek there. All would be quiet except for the lovely sound of water gently sliding across small stones. There was a little curve in the creek where a small pond had formed. I used to take off my shoes and socks and stretch out there with my feet in the water and read. Years later, in 1978, I took your dad on that same hike, and the little pond was still there. It has been a magical place for me since I was a girl.