So on Monday Matt, Tommy, and I went to-hold onto your seats now- Clovis!!!
His grandma lives there...and in fact has lived in that house (AND prior to that lived next door) for like 60 years or something. Which I find both horrifying and wonderful. It was almost uncomfortably warm.... which is a bad sign because the high temperature when we were there those few days was like... 72.... so this summer will be interesting when I'm off the hill...
Took Tommy for a walk in.... was it downtown or oldtown, I want to say oldtown, but I'm pretty sure it was downtown. Lots of antique stores. Lots. Like a couple on every street, both sides of the street sort of thing. It was nice to get out and walk somewhere though. Went down to the tourist info place.... which implies that some people actualy intentionally come to Clovis.. like... to enjoy it. I guess it's possible..... I learned that the town was named for Clovis Cole...who didn't found the town...but did sell some land I guess that the local railroad company needed....to compete with big bad Southern Pacific or something.... well it was interesting while we were in the car and there was nothing to see but fields and rundown buildings that looked like crime scenes waiting to happen. Nah, it wasn't really as bad as all that. Actually I had a really good time... can't see myself ever wanting to live there, but it's nice to visit Matt's grandma.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Obligatory link: Clovis.
Wow, I now know a great deal about Clovis - a great deal more than I wanted to know. It certainly is a larger town/city than I realized!
I love the whole.. "Clovis- A Way of Life" thing... considering that they have all kinds of gang troubles there.
Yeah yeah... I'm commenting on my own blog. ><
Post a Comment