Yeah.. okay.. spring- whatever. But to me summer lasts, oh, I don't know.. like 8 months. The boys and I went with our neighbor and his daughter to the beach today.. it was really nice. as we started walking I was thinking..man, we live here- why haven't we gone out and done this before? Then I realized ooohhhhhh that's right.. we have only lived here in winter. Hmm. So. Just as I start to think Tahoe is stupid. No Stupid. With a capital S. Supid Snow ><. *whine whine complain*. No it's great.. for limited periods of time. Now I'm over it. Especially since I don't have snow hobbies/make money off the snow, etc.. So I am definitely a Tahoe summer person. As most seem to be that aren't crazy passionate about snow sports. But it is crazy beautiful here now... the beach was interesting because there is just a 3 or 4 foot strip along the whole thing of sand without snow... then the rest is snow on the beach, then off the beach there's no snow again. But man... it is just too... moving I guess.
I fall in love with places really easily it seems... with moments. This is why travel is simultaneously great and blech all at once.. because I always want to move there. Wait- no, not always. We went to Yerington, NV. that's where Matt's Dad had lived for awhile. I have no desire to live there. Or Clovis.. okay so there are lots of places I do not want to live, but that still leaves plenty of places I do want to. Ideally I would be totally content living in (fill in the blank) and just be able to travel now and then and appreciate other places without being convinced that I need to live there. I love the bay area... I love the los angeles area ( my definition of the LA area covers more land than it does in reality), something in the air in both those places (no, not the smog. Or maybe it is)... it calls to me or something, lol that sounds so lame, but really it does stir something in me. Like a familiarity..a deja vu...like being home? It's strange. But I love it. Except that I want to be there. Blah blah blah. I think if I'm a romantic at all it's probably felt in that way.. to places, and moments.. not people. Lol I don't know.. tired and rambling.
Random thought.. Gramcie- you will (probably not) appreciate this.. my best friend said I remind him of Trixie (Deadwood). The language and whatnot.. not the occupation. I find this somewhat amusing. You are probably rolling your eyes. I am pleased to say my vocabulary no longer sounds like hers. Yay me. {:>
Is there a way to put music on these things?
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are something else - do not ask me what! As I recall, you absolutely love South Tahoe without snow - especially walking along the lake. I found that Grass Valley was my "home" place - and to this day I am so happy that this is where I live. Just give me a day in Sac and I will return to GV rejoicing as the cedars and pines appear - I never had that sense about any place I lived. G
Remember how at home we felt in Ireland? I think of the horseback ride in Galway Bay or hiking around at Powerscourt. Or how about Scotland? We hiked on the moors and explored Edinburgh - and Tiger Woods landed behind our car in a helicopter while you were counting the steps to a lodge across the street and up a very long hill.
Post a Comment